Monday, April 4, 2011

Cincinnati Lakers Get It Done


The 7th grade Cincinnati Lakers entered the tournament late, but proved to be the class of the division with their undefeated trek to the title game.  With standout performances from a trio of elite players, the Lakers defeated a strong Team Lima team to claim the 7th grade championship. To get to the final day, the Lakers got past Team Toledo, Dayton Pilots, Michigan Titans, Dorian's Pride and Team Lima. 

Let me go on the recored right now, if there is a better point guard than Roderick Caldwell in the class I want to see him.  I have profiled Caldwell on this website in the past, but I continue to be impressed with this kid's talent. Advanced is how I would describe Caldwell's game.  He is simply doing things no other PG in the state is doing.  Caldwell's dribble moves, vision and passing ability set him apart from other guards in this class.  Don't get me wrong, there are some other nice guards in this class such as Xavier Simpson, who had another great weekend, and I really like Ashon Riggens, and of course Jeremy Larkin was the 7th grade MVP, but Caldwell continues to show me a big game.

All-Tournament Team












Jeremy Larkin-MVP Cincinnati Lakers
Ashon Riggins-Cincinnati Lakers
Rodrick Caldwell- Cincinnati Lakers
Ruben Flowers-Team Lima
Xavier Simpson-Team Lima

Other Players to Watch

Devin Edwards-Michigan Titans
Vontrel Jackson-Michigan Titans
Alex McCall-Dorian's Pride/Saginaw Panthers
E'Monte Riley-Dorian's Pride/Saginaw Panthers
Trent Stone-Michigan Titans

No comments:

Post a Comment