Below are Ohio high school team rankings developed by John Stovall. Enjoy!
1. Huber Heights Wayne - no one compares to them....on paper
2. Westerville South - deep, athletic and skilled
3. Gahanna Lincoln - Big and talented. Will go as far as the backcourt can take them
4. Lakewood St. Edward - Great frontcourt. Backcourt??
5. Garfield Heights - A year away....who says!?
6. Shaker Heights - They have the most unguardable player in Ohio. Don't believe me, ask any coach that has played them.
7. Columbus Northland - Talented. Good size and skill
8. Massillon Jackson - Another young team with a lot of great pieces.
9. West Chester Lakota East - Huge. They can shoot and rebound.
10. Dublin Coffman - Solid squad that simply wins
11. Wilmington - The Cumberlands!
12. New Albany - A lot like Coffman. They are good and will not beat themselves.
13. Warren Harding - Nice size and talent. Consistency will be the key.
14. Toledo St. John - Solid squad, coached by a legend. When he has talent they are very good.
15. Pickerington Central - Talented squad trying to figure it out. Once they figure out their roles they will be scary. Long and athletic.
16. Cincinnati Moeller - Good squad. Move them up 5 to 10 spots if Fowler returns.
17. Lima Senior - Tough and athletic team. Will improve after the first 11 games. Will be hard to beat come tournament time.
18. Columbus Mifflin - Tough and disciplined team. Defense is the key. Scoring will define them.
19. Cleveland St. Ignatius - Another tough team. May be a year away.
20. Cleveland East Tech - They can score. Can they guard?
2. Dayton Dunbar - One of the best programs in the state. They churn out top 5 squads every year.
3. Cleveland Central Catholic - part of the 3 headed monster in D2
4. Columbus Walnut Ridge - Talented squad of Juniors
5. Franklin - Luke Kennard....nuff said
6. Dayton Ponitz - Solid senior laden squad. Tough.
7. Dayton Thurgood Marshall - Good squad that will improve after the first 11 games. Tough out come tournament time.
8. Kettering Alter - Once they recover from Football this will be a very tough squad.
9. Toledo Scott - Them or Defiance are the best 2 in Northwest Ohio in D2.
10, Columbus DeSales - Will be pretty good once Sanchez returns
2. Lima Central Catholic - A D3 championship could be in the making. VASJ has almost everyone back. LCC lost their top 2 scorers.
3. Warrensville - Hall, Peters and Howze are tough to stop in D3
4. Youngstown Ursuline - Great team in the Northeast corner of the state.
5. Dayton Chaminade-Julienne - Tough, well coached bunch with inside/outside threats
6. Cincinnati Shroder - Has the best PG in D3
7. Dayton Stivers - Solid talent. Need consistency.
8. Cincinnati Roger Bacon - Young squad could put it all together come tournament time.
9. Versailles - Any team with Ahrens has a chance in D3.
10. Ottawa Glandorf - See above and insert Bramlage for Ahrens.
2. Canal Winchester Harvest Prep - Dennis is an absolute stud in D4
3. Cincinnati Aiken - Was #1 before Cameron Moore left. Still very good
4. New Madison Tri Village - Mr. Inside (Cook) and Mr. Outside (Linkous)
5. Maria Stein Marion Local - Huge for a D4 team. Shoot, they are huge for a D1 team
6. Spencerville - No one know but these guys are good.
7. Louisville Aquinas - Last year's final 4 team could be back.
8. Peebles - Justice may be served.
9. Malvern - Nice in the middle with Loomis
10. Plymouth - Edminston and Beebe lead.