Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dru Joyce Classic-2024 Northeast Results


This past weekend saw a loaded 2024 field descend upon Akron, OH for the 2019 Dru Joyce Classic. Several out of state powers attended as well as many teams ranked in Ohio. The ranked teams from Ohio that participated included the following: OPA, All-Ohio Red, Nova Village-Rice, Marshall Warriors, Much Greater Elite, Team Premiere, Team XCel, Ohio Shockers, TNBA Attack, TAD, Lima Gators, OBC Showstoppers, Miller Factory, and Ohio Hustle.

In regards to the Northeast Ohio teams, the Ohio Shockers went 2-0 in pool play defeating Team Takeoff (Dayton) and defeating a very good Team Delaware 13U squad.  The Ohio Shockers moved into the Gold Bracket and drew a first round matchup against a loaded House of Hoops Bridgwater (Florida) team. The Shockers went into halftime only down by 6 but ended up losing the matchup. While disappointed with the loss, the Ohio Shockers considered it a good weekend after taking into account that the team they lost to (House of Hoops) went onto play in the Gold Bracket Final...one team they defeated (Team Delaware 13U) went onto play in the Silver Bracket Final, and the other team they defeated (Team Takeoff) lost by 3 in the Bronze Bracket Semifinals.

TNBA Attack started on a down note. They were up by 16 at half against Miller Factor, but ended up losing by 1. However, they showed resilience in bouncing back to beat a very good Mac Irvin Fire 2024 team.  Moving into the Silver Bracket they defeated Much Greater Elite in the “play in” game and then defeated Down River Elite in the first round. In the second round they ran into a stacked Team Delaware 13U team and were down by 20 points midway through the 2nd half.  While they battled back, they eventually lost by 5. Team Delaware went on to the Silver Bracket Final.

Marshall Warrior also moved into the Gold Bracket, falling to House of Hoops Bridgewater in the Second Round. OPA and Team Premiere both moved into the Gold Bracket and were both victims of the Cincy Cavs, who ended up winning the Gold Bracket.

The Bracket Finals saw the following results: Cincy Cavs defeating House of Hoops in the Gold; TAD defeating Team Delaware in the Silver; Team Xcel defeating OBC Showstoppers in the Bronze; and All-Ohio Cleveland made the Gold Bracket and defeated a nationally ranked ITPS team (Pittsburgh) in the quarterfinals before falling to the Cincy Cavs in the semi finals.


2 comments:

  1. RELIABLE HERPES CURE BY HERBALIST RAZOR. I am here to share how a great man called Herbalist Razor helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing herpes. I took his product (cure) for (18) days before I was totally cured out of it, and I promised him that I will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy to be fulfilling. Doctor Razor also cures all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, CANCER, DIABETICS , FIBROID. Reach him on Email address  drrazorherbalhome@gmail.comWebsite :  https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome Contact him on Whtasapp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I was diagnosed with HSV-2 Four years ago. I hardly had any symptoms until now. I was not in a sexual relationship but this week I had s ex after my menstrual cycle. I had my first outbreak, it was horrible. I felt so depressed. I had all kinds of blisters in private places. Very very painful, it was hard to walk, sit, sleep, or go to the bathroom. I searched the web for treatment. First I tried tea tree oil, that was too harsh down there. Then I took 6,000 mg of Lysine, that did not help at all. Took 3,000 mg vitamin C, nothing. I felt that white vinegar helped a bit and cornstarch was soothing. I took 2 Epsom salt baths a day and that was soothing also. The only thing that helped was the natural herbal medicine I later ordered from Dr. Azu after some research. And the symptoms went away right away.” I'm so happy to have come in contact with doctor Azu. Thanks so much. You can also get help from him through his cell phone on +2347087313747 or Email: dr.azuherbalhome@gmail.com .

    ReplyDelete