Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ohio Shines at Flying to the Hoop Tourney

The final leg of my MLK weekend found me at the Flying to the Hoop Tournament in Kettering.  By the time I made it to the gym, I had a chance to watch two of Ohio’s best teams make a huge statement about the strength of basketball in this state.  Although the Buckeye State is known more for its gridiron success, basketball in this state rivals hoops anywhere in the country.  On Monday Night I watched with great pleasure as Westerville South fought off a hard charging Hamilton Southeastern to squeak out a hard fought over time victory.  Following that nail biter, Huber Heights Wayne flexed its muscle as they cruised to a blowout victory against top ranked Whitney Young from Chicago.
You have undoubtedly already read about the specifics of the weekend’s festivities, including standout performances from Westerville South’s Treavon Jackson (23 points) and Wayne’s Travis Trice (30 points), so my contribution to event can be found in some of the pictures I took at the tournament.  To see inside the event, visit the Buckeye Prep Facebook Fan Page to view the pictures I snapped. Also, to read more about the tournament, visit Kurt Stubb's http://www.ohiohshoops.com/ website. You might also want to check out the mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment